Thursday, September 29, 2005
Abducted by Aliens?
I'm trying to come up with a valid excuse as to why I have not blogged, but one really doesn't come to mind. A few updates of the last month as follows:

Last night we were abruptly and rudely, I might add, awakened by a very loud explosion and bright light outside our window. I thought it was the second coming and Jesus was outside waiting to take us to the big golden highway in the sky. Alas, it was not so. In the light of morning, we saw that a tree had pulled down our neighbors electrical lines causing the flashing light and noise.

Trusty Getto asked how the driving is going with my 15 yr old. We've had two really really close encounters where I would've made it to Heaven before the 2nd coming. One in which he almost pulled out of our driveway WITHOUT looking both ways and a truck came whizzing by at about 60 mph. Dead, we would've been dead, all three of us. The first time in my life where I can say I almost shit my pants. The second one, he changed lanes WITHOUT looking to see it was clear. We would've survived that one, I'm sure. We have a big truck. Other than that, things are peachy keen.

I've been having some financial struggles for the last couple of months. That's all I'll say about that.

Definition of the day:

Whopper jawed - when something is messed up, like a throw rug. Use in a sentence - That rug is all whopper jawed.


8 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hey there, I'm here via Michele.

15-year old learning to drive. Gosh, that was only 2-1/2 years ago. Talk about stressful!

Blogger Bonvallet said...

Well I'm glad you are back to blogworld. I just discovered "Trusty Ghetto" not too long ago myself. A small blog world it is.

I heard an airplane passing over my house during the night, it was very loud and I thought the same thing at first, the second coming is at hand. I started to repent when the noise turned into an airplane passing by and stopped repenting. (for now anyway).

Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Glad to have you back! Here via Michele's, nice to meet you!

Blogger Your Mother said...

14 will start drivers ed next year. I have that long to start worrying about it. Lucky me. You get through it and we'll talk mmmK?

PS - here from Michele's

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Free, you have been missed!

Welcome back.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Michele sent me.

I will definitely be using "whopper jawed"

Blogger trusty getto said...

Cliche of the day:

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Sorry 'bout the finances. I know *exactly* what you mean, though. And, though I haven't tried it yet, I hear that the new color printers do a pretty good job on $20 bills. Just kidding ;^)

Blogger Free to Be said...

Oh trusty, you have no idea. Guess what? My ex went to Fed Prison for forging payroll checks on a color printer.

Post a Comment

<< Home