Friday, July 29, 2005
Free in Retrospect
I came across this blog today. A Woman of Many Parts

It made me think of my life so far. At 41, I don't really have the luxury of youth to pave a life for myself as I would have then. I need to LIVE, not exist. Many of my dreams have been burst with knives so sharp, I thought the wounds would never heal. I'm afraid of being so poor that there's no where to go. When we had children, my life's arrow pointed to the raising and protection of them to the abandonment of my true self. My commitment to help these innocent creatures grow and mature knows no bounds. I would sacrifice my life for them, and I have, but not in the literal sense.

I have a wonderful partner I fell so deeply in love with 7 years ago. She balances me. She's beautiful, compassionate, sexy. But I long for time to myself. I feel like a free spirit that sometimes gets trapped. I can't imagine my life without her or them, yet I do. Why is that?

This is not about being a martyr, I've made my choices, they were mine and mine alone. The yearning is strong to do something different, be different.

I am Free to Be, whatever I want.


5 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I've seen Minerva's blog a few times before.

An excellent post, Free. Well written.

Blogger guppyman said...

Hmmmm... I am free to be exactly who I am.... ;)

Michele says hello!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele sent me.

I think everyone should be free to be whomever they want to be or what they are. People are only responsible for themselves and haven't the right to tell others how to live or how to be.

Oooh, sorry...I left my ranting blog to rant on yours! LMAO!

Blogger Kim said...

I say go ahead, be free, and be happy!

Blogger Unknown said...

And if you aren't free to be who the hell are you? Its important to know yourself and thats should be #1 on everyone's agenda.

Post a Comment

<< Home