Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Bay Kay Shown
Here's what I did on my/our once in a lifetime fantasy vacation:

D and I packed some bathing suits and a couple of other necessities and headed for the airport. Once there we passed easily through security with our carry-ons and passports. We boarded first class and talked about where we were going and what we would see.

I had seen a program on the travel channel about an exclusive resort on a secluded island with private villas that had stone patios, hot tubs, terry cloth robes, massages by the beach, beautiful sunsets, need I go on, paradise.

I booked the villa some six months ago with the intention of surprising her with this trip. I didn't tell here where we were going until we arrived at the airport. I did tell her what to pack for however.

You would not believe how beautiful it was there. Aqua colored ocean on a gorgeous private beach. We sipped our cool drinks pool side and listed to the whoossssh of the ocean day after day. No phones, emails, making dinner, rushing around. It was sooo great. We snorkeled in the clear waters off the island one day, paraglided the next. One day we had a private tour of the water falls further inland with a picnic lunch in the glades. Ahhhhh.

NOT

This is what we really did:

  • Made dinner (ha!) seriously
  • Read a book
  • Played the SIMS 2
  • Napped (I loved this part)
  • Drank
  • Tanned
  • Shopped
  • Drove through the ghettos of Cleveland
  • Saw "War of the Worlds"
  • Slept in
  • Took my son to get a tatoo (Don't say ANYTHING)
  • That's pretty much it, I like the fantasy one better, don't you?


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, you think a fantasy island retreat trumps movies and tatoos? (So do I, really. Sorry you didn't get to experience life in a tropical villa. Someday, you will.)

Thanks for visiting my site.

Blogger LadyBug said...

You had me going there for a little while! Well, although it's not fantasy, I'm glad you had a great vacation. What kind of tattoo did your son get??

Post a Comment

<< Home