Thursday, June 23, 2005
Is it Thursday already?
Wednesdays should be called hell days. I was out of commission due to a frickin migrane. I woke up Tuesday night with unbearable pain in the right quadrant of my brain along with intense nausea. I was sweating like like a pig and then my son called at 1:38 a.m. to tell me that his friend had run away (he's 14). He tried to follow him, but was unsuccessful. He thought I would be mad that he was out walking around after dark. (Which I would've been, mind you). I told him he did the right thing and that if his friend called, to call his parents. The cops eventually found his friend but not before I received a call at 2:30 a.m. from them asking if I knew anything.

Needless to say, it wasn't a pleasant night nor morning. Called-off and didn't wake up till 1:00 p.m.

Ahhh, feeling much better today, but I think I need a vacation.


3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Yikes, a runaway! Hope your day is better today.

Michele and WilkeWorld sent me.

I woke up in a sweat, too. I was dreaming of Scooby Doo...and Velma...and Daphne...and Shaggy...and me... Things just got out of hand.

Blogger Doris said...

Hi! You came to me via Michelle the other day and I've only just managed to come visit.

Sorry to hear about the migraine - I used to suffer them really badly but now only get them sporadically and spectactularly. You have my sympathy! For me, one of the biggest changes was giving up orange juice, especially the lovely quality stuff. I still manage wine, cheese and certain types of chocolate but the orange juice was a definite trigger.

It sounds great how you handled your son, even despite your state. If we hope that our children's friends will look out for them then our kids need to to do the same. Glad it worked out OK.

Ta-ta from England :-)

Post a Comment

<< Home