Wednesday, June 15, 2005
I Could Be The Next Einstein
When I was a kid, my dad would fix things or think of ways to make something work out of regular household items and he passed this little gift onto me.

Here's a couple of things I've done or "invented". I could be rich, ya never know.

I made my bra into a racerback with one of the straps from those bras where the straps are detachable. I hate it when my bra shows, hate it, so one day I took the strap and looped it around the back of my regular bra straps and hooked it together with the metal hook of the strap. WaaaaLaaa instant racerback. You do have to let out the straps of your regular bra though.

Here's another thing I came up with out of doing something stupid. We have a mulching mower and it kept getting bogged down in the high grass areas, so I detached the spring from the mower cover on the side so that the grass could spit out side instead of staying inside of the mower. Well that was a very stupid idea because not only did it come out the side, but it sprayed whoever was mowing with all the grass. Dumb, dumb, deeedumb. Anyway, I couldn't get the damn spring back on. It would've taken the jolly green giant to get that damn thing back on there it was so strong. So I took two of those giant binder clips and clipped the cover back down. Haaa Haaa it worked!

What things have you come up with?


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes! I thought I was the only one who thought that binder clips were one of the most fantastic things ever invented. They're not just for paper any more...

Blogger LadyBug said...

FTB, you and I must have a lot in common because I'm the same way.I grew up watching my dad fix stuff and I really caught on too. My favorite things to fix are electronics. I love taking them apart and then putting them back together.

I have played in St. Sebastian's... twice! Once for a wedding and then a whole week of services for Bach's B minor masss. It is a pretty church and I even posted a pic of the ceiling on my blog a few months back... beautiful church!

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You've just beat me with the bra strap patent!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dee!

Do you still have my e-mail address? Drop me an e-mail and I will send you my phone number...

Boney

Blogger Megan said...

Here's another bra strap idea: get some snap tape (cloth strips with snaps in them - it's a sewing thing), cut the appropriate length, gather your straps and snap the snaps on either side. Viola!

Hi! Michele sent me!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to say that I did not inherit my dad's "gift" for fixing things. One day, he decided it would be handy to have someplace to hang lawn chairs in that garage, so he took a couple of 12-inch railroad spikes, pounded them into the garage wall, and hung up the chairs. He came in all smug and satisfied with his skills, until he noticed that the spikes were poking right through the wallpaper in the dining room!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
»

Post a Comment

<< Home