Friday, June 09, 2006
That's the Ticket
Remember that feeling of the last day of school? The anticipation was exhilarating. Well not so much as a parent let me tell you. My son got his car back after school on the last day after being grounded for three weeks. I sorta got sucked into remembering the last day feeling. The "kids" all wanted to do something together that night. Soooo, he and a bunch of his buddies went to the Drive-In. I love the Drive-in, I remember stuffing people in the trunk, warm summer nights, and Drive-in junk food. Any way, it's all good right. I told him he could stay out past curfew (stupid) since the movies always run past twelve. Still, so far so good. He drops his buddies off, still doing ok, right.

He's about a half-mile from our house which is sorta country-in-the-city and there's a stop light where he has to turn LEFT. K, no problem. It's 1:45 a.m., he looks right, he looks left, looks right again, left again. No traffic AT ALL. Says to himself, I'm tired dog, I'm just gonna turn. He turns. Yep, he did. Next thing he knows, sirens goin off and bam, BAM, he gets pulled over. Gets a ticket for running a red light.

Whooo hooo, we git to go to Juvie. We git to go to Juvie. Sing along with me now.

Little mother f'er. And believe me, he's paying the ticket, which we won't know how much it is until Judge Juvie (heee heee) tells us. Anywhere from $5 to $250. Dadgum teenagers.


7 Comments:

Blogger shpprgrl said...

I bet he doesn't do that again! Kids! I'm just lucky and never got caught.....

Blogger verniciousknids said...

What a start to the holidays...I used to love going to the drive-in, it always seemed like such an adventure.

Michelle sent me.

Blogger Kristal said...

LOL... figures. The one time you think no one is looking! My oldest is getting her license this summer. She has a learner's permit right now. We have a 15 passenger van, so I figure if she can drive that she can drive anything. Two blocks from our house, the wheel came off and hit an oncoming vehicle. Oops! No ticket though, as it wasn't her fault.

Michele sent me.

Blogger rashbre said...

Drive in Movies! now theres a thng we don't have in the UK! I'm sure it makes for a great evening!

rashbre

Oh that's one of the things you've gotta love about Mexico... BUT compared to the ones you can hate, it's really nothing.

I love the design of your blog!

Here from Michele today

Oh Dear...That really is too bad. I don't know why anyone takes that kind of chance, ever...I bet he doesn't ever do that again!
It must be a place where a lot of people do that so they then sometimes have a policeman kind of waiting so he can catch whoever does it....you think?

Great start to the summer! Just kidding...
I'm here from Michele today...!

Blogger trusty getto said...

Some learn fast, some learn slow, some don't learn at all.

'Least he learns ! ;)

Post a Comment

<< Home