Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Storm Chaser


I'm not sure many of you know that I'm a weather geek. I could watch the weather channel all day. When Hurrican Katrina rolled through, I watched non-stop, except for sleeping of course. My dream job would be storm chasing. Yes, I know you have to track a lot of storms before you really see a good one, but still.

I've watched "Twister" about a bazillion times. I'm awed by mother nature. I hate the destruction, but I can't help loving the strength.

Last night, we had hail, we had rain, we had dark clouds. Then the sun came out for about an hour and then this extremely awesome shelf cloud came rolling from the distance. I've never seen anything like it and we couldn't keep our eyes off of it. As it came toward us, it seemed to roll. Sooo unbelieveably cool. I'm posting a pic, but they didn't come out very good.

In other news:

I had to go out and pick up my son at 11:30 p.m. last night and couldn't get to sleep after, so I've had about 2 hrs. I'm gonna pop some Excedrin extra strength.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Michele's...
I also love Mother Nature, but severe storms make me nervous.
I'm glad you can enjoy the beauty of it.

Blogger paula said...

I love storms~!!! The power of mother nature just astounds me~ I was recently asked what super-power I'd like to have if I could pick... and of course I chose "control of the weather" simply because the impact is so awesome!

I love you too honey-bear :)

Your wife is a lucky ducky *smoochie*

Thanks for commenting on Pass GG. Good luck with the weather. What's with the "lucky ducky smoochie" comment?
g

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

I like your layout for the blog. When you get out in the rain and get your little wings wet, can you still fly? Just ask'n.

Post a Comment

<< Home