Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Two + Two


Since my last post:

  • Two (not serious) auto accidents*
  • One suspended driver's license*
  • Vacation to St. Pete
  • $400 cell phone bill
  • We decided to cut off the land line and ended up with a huge cell bill. Duhhhh.
  • Ex-husband hospitalized for 3 weeks
  • My wife's grandfather died an hour before we got back from St. Pete
  • Got a Puggle
  • Boys staying with Dad
  • More grey hair

School starts on the 23rd. My oldest will be a Senior this year, but he has to serve 4 detentions before that or they will not give him his schedule. You can imagine that went over big. They are with their father in Ft. Lauderdale until tomorrow and then he and his brother are going to Cincinnati for the weekend, so he has two days to serve those.

Sometimes I read what I write and think, hey! maybe you aren't such a great parent. But, I know that I've sacrificed soooo much to create a stable environment for those boys. I drove and drove and drove with them before they got their license. I am always there when they need a ride, even at 2 a.m. Being a parent creates so much self doubt about yourself. That's the only thing I hate about it.

Cross your fingers and say a little prayer!

*Not mine, in case you wondered.

Search words of the day: Still alive


3 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Nasty car bump there!

Blogger trusty getto said...

Ouch! Good luck with starting the new school year . . . I think . . .

Blogger Cat said...

I so feel your pain! I have had some doubts of my mothering skills lately.

congrats on the pug. we just got a Shih tzu!

ouch on the car! YIKES!

I have a new blog... www.itscatslife.com

take care!

Post a Comment

<< Home