Thursday, December 21, 2006
Auld Lang Syne
I remember back at the end 1986, deep in despair and hopelessness. It was the first time in my life that I couldn't WAIT for Jan. 1st to roll around. I really felt that the ONE day, the 1st, everything would just have to change for the better. It really couldn't have gotten any worse. My wonderful, smart, husband was addicted to drugs. We lost our business and our home. We had two small children that I was about to raise on my own.

What a depressing post right before Christmas huh?

We survived, are surviving. He's been sober a long time and while we aren't together anymore, he's one of my best friends. He still watches out for me and makes me feel safe.

Auld Lang Syne = The good ole days. When were the good ole days? I think it's different for everyone. Could be when I was 5 and still believed in Santa in a sweet naive way. Could be when I was 16 and got my license, or maybe 21 when I could partay! Could be when I was 24 and held my first beautiful baby or the next year when the second came along.

I'm hoping the good ole days will be the good new days! Security, stability, happiness.

Merry Christmas everyone!

p.s. Sounds like I need some Zoloft huh? Maybe!


3 Comments:

Blogger trusty getto said...

Merry Christmas!

Blogger Cat said...

Good to finally hear from you! Have missed you!

Hope your Holidays are Happy and Filled with Love!

Take care!

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It was an uplifting post that shows that no matter how hard, the human spirit can pull through.

Happy Christmas, Free!

Post a Comment

<< Home