Thursday, November 09, 2006
Naivete
I had been a Republican all my life up until the 2004 elections. I really believe in the less government, help yourself platform. I've voted in all Presidential elections and some mid-term elections since I was 18. I wouldn't always vote straight party lines, but as I said, I like the Republican platform better. The Democrats, I always believed were porkers and like to spend money.

Then along came Dubbya. I voted for his father. I even voted for him in 2000. But damn it, I had enough of his bullshit when he started this war, not to mention his extreme religious views. Everything about this damn war pissed me off, beginning to present. Our men & women, not to mention the Iraqi civilians are getting killed everyday because of him and his "followers". Is it just me, or did it seem like his party in Congress followed him BLINDLY on every issue? Less government, bah, he's fricking wire tapping for god's sake with no checks and balances to that. It's safe to say at this point that I hate that dude, seriously.

Well, I may be naive, but I voted for every frickin Democrat that was running this election and apparently so did a lot of other people. It may be naive to have some hope that shit will get turned around here since they have the majority. At the very least, some of his bullshit policies won't get passed. I'm full of hope that things will get better here in Ohio. As it stands now, I will not be able to afford to send my children to college in this state. I hope we can get some actual work done in Columbus to strengthen our schools from kindergarten through college. We have lost so so much in the last 16 yrs with the Republicans in state office.

God bless our troops. Come up with a damn withdrawl plan already. Our company does a five year plan every year. It's revised every year. We can and should have done that in this situation, but to say "stay the course" and "we can't make a plan" is complete bullshit. And if you are wondering if I have any loved ones in the military, I do not, but for the grace of God.

My message to the Dems - now DO freaking something. You've got two years to prove yourselves or we're gettin another republican president, I guarantee it.

So call me naive, but I have hope things will get better for all of us.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home